Founded in 1925, Tanglin Trust School has a long and varied history. Established to provide a quality British education for children of expat families living in the region, the school remains true to that underlying aim.
Take a wander through Tanglin’s decades!
Tanglin School is founded by Anne Griffith-Jones OBE with just five children enrolled.
Miss Griff moves the school to the Cameron Highlands in Malaya.
The Japanese occupation forces the temporary closure of the school. Miss Griff is imprisoned in Changi jail. In 1948, the school relocates to Singapore.
Miss Griff retires and the British Association of Singapore takes over Tanglin School Ltd.
The School moves to Tanglin Road.
Tanglin Trust opens a third campus in Portsdown Road.
The three Tanglin schools amalgamate into one Infant and one Junior School at Portsdown Road with a total of 1280 students.
Nursery, Infant and Junior Schools are now at one site, many new facilities are built and Tanglin offers education for children up to 13 years old.
Since 2000 Tanglin has welcomed new world-class Senior School and Sixth Form buildings, enabling the school to provide for students aged 3 to 18. Our first cohort of A Level students graduated in 2003. IB was introduced as a second pathway in 2009.