Campus Capacity Information
Tanglin Trust School offers world-class learning and sporting facilities in an environment that is highly conducive to student development. The School is situated on Portsdown Road, approximately 15 minutes drive from the west of the city centre, in Singapore's dynamic ‘one-north’ area, a hub for knowledge-driven industries that are set amongst the heritage and nature areas of Rochester Park, the Wessex Estate and Nepal Hill. Tanglin is easily accessible from Singapore's main residential areas.
The School comprises separate modern buildings for Infant, Junior and Senior School students. There is also a new purpose-built Sixth Form, Sports Ground Centre and Sports ground at Jalan Hang Jebat, which was completed in September 2009. The new Sixth Form Centre forms part of the Senior School. Our six-storey Sports and Performing Arts Complex was completed at the end of 2007 and our new Central Administration Building was finished in April 2007.
In addition to architect-designed classrooms set around bright and colourful common areas that promote a sense of community, these buildings also feature large multi-purpose assembly and sporting halls, music rooms, indoor facilities for orchestras and choirs, suites for the study of Information and Communications Technology, drama studios, science laboratories, libraries, health centres staffed by professional nurses and food service areas.
- Maximum number of students per class is 24.
- In Reception and Nursery, there are one Class Teacher and two Teacher Assistants in every class.
- In Year 1 and 2, each class has one Class Teacher and one Teacher Assistant.
- In the Junior School, there are eight Teacher Assistants working in Year 3 and two in Year 4.
- In Year 5 and Year 6, there are two Teacher Assistants per year group.
- In the Senior School, Departmental Assistants help Class Teachers.
- In addition, our Learning Support Specialists work outside classrooms with individuals or groups of students who find certain aspects of the curriculum challenging.
Our school facilities include:
- 5 well-resourced libraries (One for each of the Infant, Junior, Senior and Sixth Form and a professional development library for staff)
- 87 classrooms – (average size per classroom - 74.69 m2)
- 7 halls (Sports hall, theatres etc)
- 6 science labs
- 4 computer labs
- 11 music rooms
- 5 art rooms/studios
- 1 design studio
- 2 drama rooms
- 1 dance studio
- 1 film study studio
Our recreational facilities include:
- 8 lane 25 metre swimming pool
- 1 Learner pool
- Large outdoor playgrounds
- Tennis courts
- Playing fields
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor chess corner
- Shaded lunch areas
Other facilities that we have in School include:
- 4 cookery rooms
- 2 specialty classrooms
- 2 humanities rooms
- 9 resource rooms
- 3 health centres
- 2 kilns
- 8 discussion rooms
- 1 pastoral office
- 1 counseling room
- 1 student services room
- 1 conference room
- 3 student lounges
- 2 learning support rooms
- 1 junior school bookshop
- 2 workshops