Tanglin Trust School boasts a long and rich heritage of providing British-based learning with an international perspective. Established in 1925, Tanglin offers an exceptional all-round educational experience for over 2,770 pupils aged 3-18, providing a caring yet stimulating environment in which every individual feels valued, happy and successful.
Tanglin Trust School is an equal opportunities employer committed to the on-going professional development of all our employees.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will conduct thorough background checks on all successful applicants. (Click here for our Safer Recruitment policy)
Design & Technology (D&T) Technical Executive
The successful applicant will coordinate the administrative works within the Design & Technology Department in the Senior School. To assist the Design & Technology teachers in the delivery of the curriculum by providing high quality technical support and ensuring the safe and efficient organisation of equipment and resources. The role reports to the Head of Design & Technology.
- Minimum NITEC in a related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum relevant experience of two years and above as a school Design & Technology Technician
- Proficiency in the use of workshop machinery for wood, metal and plastic and also CAM equipment and laser cutters are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, including the use of CAD software and other design software such as Adobe Illustrator and a willingness and capacity to learn quickly, are desirable
- Proactive team player with a positive attitude and outstanding work ethic
- Flexible, able to prioritise your workload and use your initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
5-day week. Interested applicants, please email/fax/mail with detailed resume, stating your current and expected salary, date of availability and contact number to HR department.
Closing Date: Monday, 8 May 2017
Senior Teaching And Learning Assistant For Chinese Language (Junior School)
The successful applicant will support the Chinese Language Teacher in the teaching process in order to attain educational excellence. The candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the teaching process. Communicating, liaising and developing sound relationships with child, teacher, parent and colleague to enhance the teaching process is essential. Some responsibilities would be to assist the teacher in the care of student and the delivery of the Chinese curriculum.
- Minimum Diploma/Degree holder preferably in the relevant discipline
- Minimum few years of relevant working experience
- Be proficient in the Chinese Language
- Experience working with children will be essential
- Good organisation and communication skills
- PC literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and etc)
- Positive, enthusiastic and mature individuals who enjoy working with students and teachers
5-day week with school holidays entitlement. Interested applicants, please email/fax/mail with detailed resume, stating your current and expected salary, date of availability and contact number to HR department.
Closing Date: Friday, 5 May 2017
Teaching & Learning Assistant (Junior School) – starting August 2017
The successful applicant will support the teacher or unit in the teaching process in order to attain educational excellence. The applicant must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the teaching process. He / She must be able to communicate, liaise and develop sound relationships with children, teachers, parents and colleagues to enhance the teaching process.
- Minimum 5 GCE `O’ level, including a credit in `English’ and `Maths’, and a Diploma in Preschool Education or equivalent.
- Experience of working with children
- Experience working in an International School environment will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal communication skills/human relations
- Good command of written and spoken English Language
Interested applicants, please email/fax/mail with detailed resume, stating your current and expected salary, date of availability and contact number to HR department.
Closing Date: Friday, 12 May 2017
IT Support/Server Engineer
We are currently looking for IT Support/Server Engineer to work as part of Educational Business Technology (EBT) team providing 1st and 2nd level technical support across all areas of the school.
The role will cover supporting the server, backup and antivirus infrastructure of the school network as well as supporting the client side which currently consists of over 1,600 desktops and 1,200 iPads.
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum relevant experience of 3 years and above
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012) desktop and office applications is essential
- Excellent knowledge of backup processes and procedures
Excellent knowledge of antivirus products and strategies
- Knowledge in virtualization, scripting and group policy
- Experience monitoring large scale networks with SCCM or Manage Engine highly regarded
- Experience managing user accounts and software deployment via Microsoft Active directory is highly regarded
- Previous experience working in an educational institution, especially with Apple iPads is highly regarded
- Able to work independently as well as a good team player with good initiative
- A positive approach to working with people
- Will accept late hours and weekend work depending on the requirements of certain school events.
5-day week – working hours are from 7.30 am to 4.30 pm (41.25 nett hours per week). Interested applicants, please email/fax/mail with detailed resume, stating your current and expected salary, date of availability and contact number to HR department.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 2 May 2017
To support the School by working on the repair and maintenance needs of the School as well as making or installing equipment according to requests. To work alongside other members of the Operations Team and providing expertise in the maintenance of the School.
- Attend to and work on the routine maintenance problems and repairs of mechanical, electrical, building and equipment in the School.
- Assist staff with their maintenance requests and work with colleagues in attending to routine repair and maintenance works for the School.
- Be responsible to fulfill the general maintenance requests of the School, including the installation of equipment.
- Willing to be trained to meet the changing requirements of the School.
- Higher NITEC in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or NITEC in Electrical Technology/Facility Technology/Mechanical Technology/ Building Services related training
- Minimum relevant experience of three years and above, preferably with hands on role in Mechanical & Electrical works
- Good knowledge of air-conditioning systems, electrical, building services including troubleshooting and general installations
- PC literacy in MS Office Applications
- A good team player
- A positive approach working with people
5.5 day week. Interested applicants, please email/fax/mail with detailed resume, stating your current and expected salary, date of availability and contact number to HR department.
The successful applicants will work in the Operations Department – maintain the cleanliness and well-being of designated areas and, working along with the Team Leader and fellow colleagues in the Team.
- Able to understand and speak simple English
- Able to communicate and work well with colleagues
- Prefer applicant with experience in cleaning work
5-day week – working hours are from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm with 15 days leave entitlement. Interested applicants, please collect the application form from any members of HR Department or contact HR department (Attention :Cliff Tan, Facilities Manager (Housekeeping)).
A day in the life of a Tanglin student is an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience.