APPLYING TO THE JUNIOR SCHOOL (7 – 10 YEARS)
Tanglin’s Junior School is a special place, where enthusiasm abounds and learning is brought to life.
Tanglin seeks to enrol young learners who will thrive within its nurturing and high-achieving learning environment, and fully engage with our rich co-curriculum. We have high expectations of our students, and offer strong learning and pastoral support, precision teaching and enrichment opportunities to ensure each child achieves consistent rates of progress. Individual learning, emotional and social needs must largely be met within the school’s mainstream provision.
Students applying to Tanglin must meet the following minimum entry requirements to be considered as part of our annual applicant selection process:
- An age-appropriate fluency in English language (speaking, reading, writing and comprehension). There is no provision to teach children for whom English is an additional language or who are at an early stage of acquiring English language skills.
- A demonstrated positive attitude and approach to learning.
- The ability to thrive in a high-achieving environment.
- Individual learning, emotional and social needs which can be largely met within the mainstream classroom and our learning and pastoral support provision.
- The capacity and desire to engage with the co-curricular programme.
- The capacity and desire to make a positive contribution to the school community.
Children joining Tanglin must be capable of using English as their working language. Children who are bilingual or multilingual must be able to demonstrate age-appropriate fluency in English. If English is an additional language for your child, they may be invited to an age-appropriate activity to assess their ability to thrive at Tanglin with English as their main working language.
Students must be residing with their immediate families in Singapore to attend Tanglin, as the school does not provide boarding facilities. Additional requirements apply to children who are Singapore Citizens. Please refer to our Admissions Policy and Conditions Governing Enrolment and Admissions for further information.
Previous school reports are required as part of our application process. Children with identified additional learning, social or emotional needs may be referred for an age-appropriate assessment with our Junior Learning Support team.