Why Work at Tanglin?
Tanglin Trust School is a vibrant coeducational day school where children and adults learn to be successful and happy in their lives and to contribute with confidence to our world.
This vision is seen as a vital part of the school's holistic approach to education, one that recognises the importance of every individual within the 'family of Tanglin'. In developing the whole person, high expectations are set (and met), whilst emotional intelligence is nurtured. Our core values of Respect, Responsibility and Purpose are reflected throughout our curriculum and extra-curriculum activities.
Wellbeing, happiness and an ability to appreciate and experience the joys of life are important. This is a community where every individual matters.
At Tanglin all staff and governors have an equal entitlement to Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
We believe CPD is a collective responsibility which promotes, develops and supports members of our community in their commitment to lifelong learning. A cycle of review, delivery and evaluation exists in order to enhance achievement, support career development and drive improvement.
Professional development needs are met through a number of opportunities within Tanglin Trust School, across inter-school networks and through engaging external expertise. These opportunities include: peer observation, professional discussion, online learning, job-a-like workshops (JAWs), conferences and courses, such as those run by the Institute of Education, London and International Baccalaureate.
The Institute at Tanglin is a space that will bring together a range of current and future disciplines, teachers, learners, facilitators and mentors, to work collaboratively to envision and drive new and improved outcomes within our already dynamic learning community.
We are aware that relocating to a new country and culture can be an exciting yet daunting prospect. The school works hard to support all new teachers relocating to Singapore through a variety of means. From the time of appointment, the HR team will be in regular contact to provide information and support for the upcoming move, through:
- Arranging a drinks event in London in May/June for all newly appointed teachers to meet prior to the move. This is attended by Heads of School and Management team members, where possible
- Arranging and booking of flights from London (or place of origin) to Singapore at the start of contract in August
- Arranging of accommodation for overseas recruited staff
- Provision of a settling allowance to help with shipping costs and/or setting up a new home in Singapore
- Welcome by the Management Team at the airport on arrival in Singapore
- Welcome dinner/drinks on the day of arrival
- A thorough induction programme, including detailed information on living in Singapore, such as setting up bank accounts, where to shop, which supermarkets to go to, GPs / hospitals, a bus tour of the city, social events, etc.
- Application for relevant work visas
- Our in house Lease Executive to assist with any questions or issues with your accommodation
- Regular contact with HR throughout to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have.