Beyond the Classroom
We believe it is vital for children to experience new activities and situations which, in addition to being great fun, are designed to develop the whole child. Tanglin offers an outstanding wealth of co-curricular activities, events and field study trips to extend and enhance our classroom activities.
- Nursery Labrador Park and Chinese Gardens
- Reception Wet Market and Cold Storage, as well as the Zoo
- Year 1 West Coast Park and Jacob Ballas Garden
- Year 2 Boat Quay and Sungei Buloh
- Student Council
- Year 1 Taster Choir (Term 3)
- Year 2 Music Ensembles
- Year 2 Children’s University
- Infant Sports and Recreation Clubs (SRCs), for example, Tutus@Tanglin, British Guiding in Foreign Countries, British Scouts Overseas, Linguistic programme, Sports and Activities
As an extension to the curriculum, all children benefit from activities funded by the TTS Foundation, including inspiring visits from musicians, storytellers, authors and theatrical groups, to our edible garden and Year 2’s Pedal Power Programme.