Learning about Our World is woven through our science and humanities curriculum in each school.
The curriculum is brought to life with hands on activities and visits wherever possible and we encourage children to think about the challenges of protecting our planet from an early age.
- Year 3 Plant and Animal Adaptations
- Year 4 'Island Paradise' and 'Global Guardians' topics
- Year 5 'Pristine Planet' and 'Lifecycles' topics
- Year 6 'Savage Earth' and 'Sarawak' topic and field trip
Year 6 'Savage Earth' topic:
- Study of natural disasters including volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Science investigation into purifying water.
Year 6 'Sarawak' topic and Field Trip:
- Visits to Bako National Park and Orangutan sanctuary. 'Borneo detective' projects to look at the impact of plantation agriculture on natural environment.
- Year 7 Science - 'Environment'
- Year 8 Science - 'Water' and 'Energy Transfer'
- Year 7 Geography - 'Raging Rivers' hydrological cycle; 'Chocolate' fair trade; 'Ecosystems'
- Year 8 Geography - 'Future Cities' a sustainable Earth
- Year 9 Geography - 'India'
Outdoor Education Curriculum Trips:
- Year 7 - Thailand
- Year 8 - Malaysia
- Year 9 - India