Tanglin's core values of Respect, Responsibility and Purpose resonate strongly with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We fully support these goals and that is reflected in our curriculum; in the way that we manage and look after our campus; and in the way that we engage with the community, in Singapore and beyond.
The 'Our World 2041' team includes representatives from each school, as well as from the Management team, and so is able to coordinate whole-school action and events. However, there are many other groups across the school who are actively involved in environmental projects.
Everyone in the community can make a difference!
2041 is the year in which the current treaty protecting Antarctica runs out and has been added to our group name to reinforce the urgency for a global consensus on action to protect our planet for future generations.
- Educate students about global issues and the SDGs through the curriculum
- Use the 'Our World' theme to promote the SDGs in a cross curricular way.
- Work together to be responsible consumers of resources and to maximise efficiency and minimise the generation of waste, with particular focus on:
- Reducing our use of electricity
- Reducing our use of paper
- Eliminating the use of 'single-use' plastic containers
- Ensure that all waste that can be recycled, is recycled, including:
- Actively create and maintain planted areas on campus to provide a range of habitats
- Encourage the use of sustainable transport to school for students and staff, including:
- School bus
- Public transport
- Car pooling
- Encourage student groups to undertake community service in Singapore and beyond, supported by the following departments:
- Ch@t (Charities at Tanglin)
- CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service)
- TTS Foundation
- Outdoor Education
- Minimise the environmental impact of any events held at Tanglin
- Consider carbon footprint of all school related travel and activities
- Ensure that all curriculum trips and visits are respectful of the environments visited and follow the leave no trace principles.