Welcome Message from CEO
At Tanglin, we believe school life is important in itself, not simply a preparation for something in the future. Every day of your child’s school life is important and should be looked forward to with excitement and anticipation.
We acknowledge every child is different and needs change as they grow. Therefore, it is important we know your child and your child feels known and cared for. Although every school has to have structure to its operation, we work hard to avoid having a ‘fixed menu’ so we can identify and meet the varying needs of each individual. You won’t be surprised then to hear that ‘wellbeing’ is our core development strategy!
Our vision statement says it all really…
- ‘We aspire to be the best school in the world ...' (aspirational not arrogant!)
- '... with a dynamic learning community ...' (that’s everyone - including staff and parents)
- '... which nurtures and inspires ...' (that’s the way we do it, without fear or trepidation)
- '... every individual ...' (including your child)
- '... to be the best they can be.' (whether in the academic, sport, the arts, global citizenship, or their particular passion).
We are also fully committed to our core values: Respect, Responsibility, and Purpose, which underpin everything we do, the way we do it, and ultimately our ethos.
Come and see for yourself a school repeatedly described by UK inspectors as outstanding and appreciate the full value of what we offer. We are most proud of the fact that our graduates are simply ‘good people’, who are prepared to flourish in, and make a positive contribution to, the world ahead of them.
I look forward to welcoming you to our school.
"I am beyond thankful that Tanglin has encouraged me to develop as a person, gain a wealth of knowledge both inside and outside the classroom, nurtured me every step of the way and given me unforgettable memories I will treasure forever."
Meghan, Head Girl 2018-19